Take a look what's inside:
The book in five principles:
1. Serve a perfect fit - hire people for character and values
2. Make it effortlessly swift - reduce the amount of effort your customer has to go through
3. Step into the personal - make your product about interaction, instead of transaction
4. Stretch - make sure growth is a core value
5. Play to win - being the best in the world while having fun along the way
Three actionable take-aways from the book:
1. How to hire for character fit
2. How to make a personal connection by using pride
3. How to let your customers grow your product base
Our favorite quote:
Something to think about..
*How often do you let your customer know that you value his loyalty?
*How easy (and fast) is your customer onboarding process?
*Does your customer feel that you're passionate about your business?
*Do you accept EVERY customer? Why?
Time to learn!
Entrepreneur | Marketeer | Psychologist
Favorite business books:
- Scaling Up
- High Output Management
- Book Yourself Solid
- Brand You 50